Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Outhouse for Rent

Outhouse for Rent by LilyPink Designs, available at Can You Digi It, serves as a reminder that life was simpler back in the day when outhouses were in vogue! Think about it, no stressing if the seat was up or down. No toilet bowl that required scrubbing! And there was no need to worry if the bath tissue you bought would suit the entire family since the Sears & Roebuck catalogue was all that was needed and like clockwork, one arrived in the mail each year! And then, indoor plumbing arrived ending the reign of the outhouse! And that is progress! 


Outhouse for Rent also serves as inspiration for the new sunrise/sunset challenge that starts today at Can You Digi It and an opportunity for you to win a $10 gift certificate to the store. In case you are scratching your head as to how I manage to think sunrise/sunset from an image of an outhouse, well, outhouses or indoor plumbing, each are places to visit regardless if it's sunrise or sunset! 

19 comments:

  1. You are too funny! Love your design and that red coloring and shading is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry Tammy, I prefer indoor plumbing, but you've done wonders with this image. It does bring back memories of camping trips, back in the day when one could hold off using the facilities. (lol)
    Joyce xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Joyce!! Lol
    Great card Tammy. Fabulous coloring and I love the backing on your sentiment. ~jeni :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your card- the coloring is awesome! I would have just been a really bad camper in those days- no soft catalog pages to wipe with......LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your card- the coloring is awesome! I would have just been a really bad camper in those days- no soft catalog pages to wipe with......LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous,what a lovely image and pretty papers.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE IT!!! I'm a VERY big fan of cut houses (even though we do have indoor plumbing) and love this cute image. Like the way the sun is shinning on it too! Precious.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  8. just fabulous love the sentiments and image and gorgeous colouring as always
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. My dad would love this! He has an outhouse art collection in memory of the simple life!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You crack me up! I love polka dots and I love your red polka dot paper...tee hee hee. You coloring is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like your logic on the challenge. I really like that image and you colored it so perfectly Tammy. What fun! So what happened when the catalog pages were gone.... LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You made me smile with Outhouse memories from when I was a wee girl. In Aus it was named the Dunny and I don't know why.
    The connection is definitely a Tammy one but you most certainly needed to visit sunrise, sunset and quite some other times in between!
    Life most certainly was simple then!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Tammy, your colouring is fabulous as always! I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVE this card! I would really LOVE to buy it from you and send it to someone we know that likes outhouses! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Tammy, this is a stunner...even if it is an outhouse! :O)

    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  16. cute card, but I guess I like life a little more complicated! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks like the one my firends and I tipped over when I was young and stupid...don't tell anyone...LOL!!! This is sooo fun, Tammy, and your coloring is fabo!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Well said you adorable crazy lady. I love you! Linda

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Your comments make my day!