Thursday, June 30, 2011

Yard Sales

I love to go to yard sales. There was a time when I went with an open mind and brought home kitchen gadgets, pretty dishes, books, and everything and anything I thought my children or grandchildren could use (in my opinion). Then the day came when I developed a passion or obsession with cards and now it is hard to concentrate on anything besides are there any stamps, paper, ribbon . . . you know the drill. At one yard sale, in particular I found an old book filled with wonderful examples of cards similar to the card I am posting today. Very simple and elegant.

10 comments:

  1. Love garage sales too Tammy. It is not just the thrill of the hunt but the absolute possibility of the finds!
    Love what you did with your finds today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a clever way to use beads on a card...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do the same thing at yard sales! I pick up things that will work for card making!

    Love the beaded beauty, Tammy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome design Tammy. I love yard sales.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, VERY elegant looking! Really like this a lot! I also love the "finds" at a yard sale...fun, fun, fun!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  6. That card is beautiful. It's been a long time since I've gone "yard saling" - but I know it used to be a blast. I'd do it again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not a yard sale gal. You have to get up too early on a Saturday morning.
    But I do like this card very much. The beads are very classy and you could use it for any occassion. Good idea Tammy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a find and a great source of inspiration! A friend of mine used to pick craft items up at garage sales for me -- mostly ribbons and trims. I never seem to get my fill of those things. Love this idea for a window card. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Don't ya just love to find treasures at garage sales...the book sounds wonderful and your card is gorgeous!!! How cool to use the beads in the window...WOW!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Your comments make my day!